Most people in Ken Caryl may want to see their teeth a shade or two whiter. An upcoming wedding, job interview, or first date are all great reasons to seek some quick enhancements to your smile.
For a non-invasive and convenient option, Dr. Cara McCallum strongly recommends her professional teeth whitening system.
How Teeth Whitening Works
Teeth whitening is a safe and straightforward process. Whitening products contain an active agent, usually hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, that initiates a bleaching mechanism on your teeth. Stains that may have persisted for years are susceptible to the oxide action, which breaks them into pieces so that they can be cleaned away.
Professional-Grade Whitening Treatments
Your dentist at Canyon View Dental may offer several options for teeth whitening similar to over-the-counter versions, but with several advantages.
Professional teeth whitening procedures have:
- Medical Supervision – Before starting any whitening procedure, your dentist will verify that your gums and teeth are healthy enough to undergo the treatment. Your dentist can also provide an intensive cleaning first so that your teeth are as clean as possible since plaque can block the whitening agents.
- Stronger Whitening Compounds – Dr. McCallum offers an effective whitening product and will carefully monitor your progress. Some patients may experience temporary tooth sensitivity, but your dentist will ensure that your gum tissues are protected from our more concentrated whitening agent.
- Quicker Outcomes – Both of the above factors combine to give you speedy results. For example, in-office whitening treatments can make your teeth noticeably whiter in one sitting, while our take-home kits can yield even more impressive results in a week or two.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
We recommend our in-office treatment for eye-catching whitening in about an hour. Also called chairside bleaching, the procedure is safe and effective because we closely monitor your progress. Some patients have reported a six-shade brighter white after a single treatment that you will experience with a degree of comfort and relaxation.
Custom Take-Home Trays
For professional results that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home, we provide custom take-home bleaching trays. Starting with impressions of your teeth, we create trays that fit your unique mouth so you know they will work.
A tight fit also holds the whitening agent on your teeth and away from softer tissues that may be irritated by the process. This way, you may whiten at your convenience while knowing Dr. McCallum is available to monitor your progress and answer any questions that may arise during treatment.
Why Over-the-Counter Whitening Treatments May Disappoint
Most teeth whitening products you buy from the store work in a few problematic ways. Here are a few examples:
- Whitening toothpaste – These products usually contain abrasives that wear your tooth enamel and can cause uneven coloration and sensitivity.
- Whitening rinses – A whitening rinse will yield few results because it’s not in contact with your teeth long enough for meaningful results. However, rinsing regularly could help lessen new stains.
- Whitening strips or trays – While these may be the most effective store-bought products, they are known for fitting teeth poorly so that the whitening gel covers your teeth unevenly. This may not achieve the results you want.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Ken Caryl
Dr. McCallum’s team of dental professionals has the skills and products to help you get whiter teeth. Professional products mean professional results. We invite you to take advantage of our teeth whitening options at Canyon View Dental. To learn more, give us a call to schedule a consultation.
Dr. Cara McCallum leads the team at Canyon View Dentistry, practicing enthusiastically and with a commitment to creating and maintaining beautiful smiles. She attended Marquette University and earned a BS in Biological Sciences. Emerging from her undergraduate career with an interest in dentistry, Dr. McCallum finished her DDS work at Baylor College of Dentistry.
What she values about being a dentist is how rewarding it is to make substantial, personal connections with her patients to help them achieve a smile they are proud to show off.
Dr. McCallum lives in Littleton with …
“5 STAR EXPERIENCE! I don’t know about you but I dread going to the dentist. I had two teeth that needed fixing but I have been dragging myself because I can’t deal with waiting for crown for at least a week. So today I went to my appointment to this new dentist and IT FELT LIKE I AM AT THE SPA! They had a blanket to cover my feet, a warm wet towel for my chest, back message from the chair, and netflix. The people are super nice and friendly – it start from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. I could stay there forever! They have super nice office you will really feel you are at the spa! I can’t wait be back to this SPA – yes it is a SPA to me for my next appointment for my crown. I did not have fear I usually get of seeing the dentist.” -Tisi